God's Weapons that Work!
For more lessons on the Weapons of our warfare go to www.jonathandoctor.net and download a copy of my book "Prophetic Grace - God's Set Time"
The weapon of Praise(How to stop the enemy)
By. Jonathan Doctor
Eph. 3:20 Amp. Psalms 8:2 Matt. 21:16
Whatever you need that you donít have, Praise God for it now, and see the breakthrough come to pass.
Read: Acts 4 :24-33 2 chronicles 20:1-10, 20-23 Acts 16:25-26 (Behold)
The battle is the Lordís
1. No praise, no victory
2. Little praise, little victory
3. Big praise, Big victory
4. Praise and Thanks to God is the highest kind of action of your faith, it is the language of faith.
As we Praise and worship God we invite the delivering power of God upon us and those around us.
In this Psalm the point is made that we (the redeemed) should use our mouths and give thanks and praise to God for His goodness and Mercy.
Other benefits and reasons why should we Praise God.
1. God Shows up
2. God inhabits the Praise of Him, God is enthroned by Praise, God's Spirit comes to us as we Praise God
3. There is Power released in Praising the Lord, Gods Victory is enforced, His ability is released.
4. Its a Good Thing
5. Because He is Worthy (1 Chron. 5:12-14)
6. Because we were created for the purpose of Praising Him and our life will not be fulfilled until you do what you were created and purposed to do.
7. For blessing, honor, promotion and increase. (Psalms 67:5-6)
8. To be "marked" with God's Grace and Blessing
9. God's presence brings prosperity, blessing and victory
10. Praising God brings the infilling and enduement of the power of the Holy Spirit.
(2 Chron. 5:13-14 Luke 24:49-53 Acts 1:13-15 2:1-4)
11. Worshipping God causes God to remove sickness from your midst. (Ex. 23:25)
12. Worshipping God brings the Hand of the Lord to move in your life.
13. Rejoicing and Praising God brings great glory.
14. Thanking God causes increase and multiplication in the Church. (Jer.30:19-20 Acts 2:47)
15. Praising God keeps your faith active and strong. (Rom. 10:17 Rom. 4:20-21)
Pro 28:12 When righteous [men] do rejoice, [there is] great glory:Ö..
1 Chron. 16:35-36 NKJV ÖÖ. To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise. 36 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! And all the people said, "Amen!" and praised the Lord.
There are at least 10 Hebrew words for "Praise" in Old Testament
1. Zamar = Praise God with your music (what are you listening to?)
2. Tehillah = Praise God with a hymn, (a hyme is defined as a song that tells a story / of what God has done)
3. Yadah = Lifting up of hands (psalms 118:1)
4. Todah = Lifting up of hands and singing a song as a choir (Psalms 116:17)
5. Berach = bending knee, kneeling (Psalms 115:18)
6. Shabach = a loud glorifying tone a shout of victory a shout of joy (Psalms 117:1)
7. Hailal = leaping, dancing, jumping and twirling. Rejoice!! (Psalms 113:1)
8. Ruwm = To exalt,magnify, extol, to lift up, to set on high (psalms 118:28)
9. Giyl = To spin around under the influence of emotion (psalm 118:24)
10. Qara = to call out, to preach, to proclaim, to cry unto (Psalms 116:2)
Example from my own life:
in my own life I was standing in faith for healing of a sickness, I read those scriptures and I heard A great Message on reasons why we should Praise God. I put it to practice and started to Praise God out loud and tell Him how Good He is and I even started thanking Him for Healing (even though i didn't feel better) I continued to Praise God, (it may sound foolish but sometimes God's Weapons can look a little foolish) But my health and life depended on it, so I started Rejoicing, jumping and Praising God like a 10 year old would do. In my home when no one was home but God and I, I gave Him what I like to say as 'crazy praise' The devil h a t e s it! Anyway, my Healing manifested, and I also received a financial increase... now I know of at least one weapon that works! Praising God is a Spiritual Warfare tactic that Breaks through every Barrior of the devil!
As we Act in Faith and ask God to Heal us or ask Him for whatever, after we ask Him we need to be in faith... so the next thing to do in faith is Thank Him for giving you what you asked for. and Praise God for Answering your prayers... Praising and Thanking God in Faith as well as Speaking the Word is i believe the highest kind of faith expressed towards God.
If you go back to my little post and look up the scriptures you will see examples as well as you will see what the Bible has to say about using His Weapons.
God's Word says His weapons are Mighty to the pulling down of Strongholds... He has given us a Sword of the spirit (His Word) A Shield of faith (His Word) The Name of Jesus, the B L O O D of Jesus, Authority over the devil, Love for our enemies. He has given us a whole arsenol of weapons in His Word.
For more Lessons on Victory in Spiritual Warfare go to: