The benefits of walking in Love
2 Cor. 5:17-21 Eph. 4:24 Col. 3:10,12-17
The Bible encourages us to make the Love of God our great aim and our great quest in life (1 Cor. 13:1 Amp.). There are wonderful benefits and good results that come when we walk in love. The benefits of walking in love are so good; Love is God’s way to prosper - spirit, soul, and body. Walking in the God-kind-of Love is the way to prosper and get the victory in every area of life.
A. Walking in love is profitable.
1Ti 4:7 ………… and exercise thyself [rather] unto godliness.
1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
1. Walking in love is godliness.
2. To exercise at something means to make it a practice, or to work at something, to make it a way of life.
3. When we work on walking in love we are exercising love and godliness the Bible says that it is profitable unto all things.
B. Walking in love causes us to inherit a blessing.
1Pe 3:8 Finally, [be ye] all of one mind, having compassion (love) one of another, love as brethren, [be] pitiful, [be] courteous:
1Pe 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
1. Walking in love is not rendering evil for evil, instead when we walk in love we bless; knowing that when we do we will inherit a blessing.
That’s why Jesus told us to love our enemies, bless them, pray blessings upon them, do good to and for them.
Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Pro 25:21 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
Pro 25:22 For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.
C. Controlling your tongue is part of walking in love.
1Pe 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
1Pe 3:11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord [are] over the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord [is] against them that do evil. (to not walk in love is to do evil)
1Pe 3:13 And who [is] he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? (if you follow love you are a follower of what is good.)
1. In these scriptures we see that if we control our tongue we will see “good days”.
2. Love always refrains from talking evil.
3. Love speaks no guile or evil about others.
4. The God kind of Love seeks peace with every person.
5. God will not allow anyone to harm you as you walk in love.
D. God’s Love never fails.
1 Cor. 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind.
Love knows neither envy nor jealousy.
Love is not forward and self–assertive, nor boastful and conceited.
Love does not behave unbecomingly, nor seek to aggrandize herself, nor blaze out in passionate anger, nor brood over wrongs.
Love finds no pleasure in injustice done to others, but joyfully sides with the truth.
Love knows how to be silent. She is full of trust, full of hope, full of patient endurance.
Love never fails….
1. God’s Love never fails! Therefore, if you are walking in His divine Love, You CANNOT FAIL.
Overcome evil with good
2. If you are walking in the God-kind of Love, His Love working in and through you will be more than enough for any situation.
3. The God-kind of love will put you over in life because God is Love.
4. When you walk in the God-kind of Love you cannot be defeated.
5. You are born of God (who is Love) you are a overcomer.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he (LOVE) that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.
1Jo 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Walking in the God-kind of Love is beneficial and profitable, not just in this life, but also in the life to come! Enjoy the benefits and great rewards of walking in the Love of God.