Our Covenant of Increase
I. Covenant of Increase (Gen. 12:1-3Amp )
A. Blessed means: to be empowered to prosper.
B. Increase means to make greater in number, size, strength and quantity.
C. God told Abram He would make of him a great nation.
1. The Covenant that God established with Abram is a Covenant of Increase.
2. A nation constitutes as more than one.
3. God is looking beyond Abram and looking at Abrahamís seed. (Gen. 17:1-2,7)
4. Gen. 22:16-18
II. God expects you to Increase.
A. God expects increase in every area of your life.
1. Spiritually, Soulishly, Physically (health), financially.
B. It is a violation of spiritual law for someone to come to Christ and never grow and increase.
1. You canít be held captive to the same bondages, habits or strongholds that bound you 5 years ago.
2. You should not be controlled by the same emotions that controlled you 5 years ago.
C. God has provided laws that will produce prosperity. (Deut. 8:18)
1. God has provided everything necessary for us to increase.
III. Abrahamís seed. (Galatians 3:29)
A. If you are Christís then you are Abrahamís seed.
1. When God was looking at Abraham, He was looking beyond him to Jesus and You.
2. Abraham was a means to get the Covenant in the Earth.
B. Abraham was an instrument whereby God had a legal right to establish His Covenant, and bring Christ to the Earth.
C. The primary reason God wants us to prosper is so we can be a blessing.
D. Blessings are instruments through which God can flow His Divine Favor that brings joy, peace, happiness and preventing misfortune.
A. God wants me to increase not just so my needs can be met but so I can spend the rest of my life meeting other peopleís needs.
B. Failure to increase is a violation of spiritual law. (Gen.8:22)
1. Proverbs 11:24-25 Luke 6:36 There is a Cycle, a spiritual law, as you give you will receive Increase, and then you give again from what you received, and then you increase again, give again, increase again, on-going cycle. You can start this cycle, you can put this spiritual law in motion by giving. You can also stop this cycle, this law by not giving.
2. Keep your motives in check; Donít give, just to get, instead, get - just to give, to be a blessing to someone.
C. Deuteronomy 6:1-3
1. Follow commands and statutes.
2. It will be well with you.
3. You will increase mightily upon the Earth as the Lord thy God has promised thee.
D. Increase and blessings come as a result of obedience.
E. Rejoice when you see someone blessed because it represents Godís fulfilling His promises.
F. If you keep the commands and statutes, ďIt shall come to passĒ. (Deut. 7:11)
G. We must be ďblessed above all people, lending and not borrowingĒ - the world should be looking to the Church for help. (Deut. 7:14 Deut 28:12)
H. We are to be the head and not the tail. (Deut. 28:13)
I. We are to prosper even as our soul prospers. (3 John 2)
J. If you donít know why God wants you to prosper then you will get into an area of misuse. Motive is everything. itís the attitude of the heart.
A. ďYou have a Covenant of Increase with God. God will honor that Covenant, You can initiate the process of Increase by giving and sowing a seed. You have to make sure that you have made the dedication that when increase comes in your life you wonít consume it on yourself but you become a distribution center - You are blessed to be a blessing.Ē